Thursday 31 January 2013

Apple Patent Store Design

And Fair Play To Them



Some would argue that Apple have pushed many boundaries in recent years which is a fair argument in some areas more than others. Their retail stores however I feel visually are a league above any other retailer on the planet. On their global patenting conquest they have every base covered, even their stores interior layout and design (bizarre i know!) Which in my eyes is fair enough. 



I was walking down Tottenham Court Road in London the other day and walked past a Samsung Store which I didn't even know existed and being a fan I decided to have a look around. I went inside and it felt strangely familiar, Mainly because the design of the interior was a complete and utter rip off of an Apple store with staff on hand in blue T shirts and lanyards just to complete the look. It knocked Samsung down a peg it my books because they fought so hard to prove that they hadn't copied Apples product design and then just so shamelessly go and essentially put their products and logo's in an Apple store just kind of made it all invalid. I don't think Samsung copied any of Apples products in the slightest but when it comes to the stores I can't agree.



(believe it or not the image above is a Samsung Store)

So in summary, Apple have patented their stores. Why, how bizarre? not really. Everyones ripping them off so fair enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment